Location: Japan – Chugoku (2008-2011); Kansai (2012-2015)
Languages spoken: German, English, Japanese
Profession: Teacher, Blogger, Translator, Photographer
Likes: Japanese castles, cats, taiko, (Japanese) food
That’s a longer story. The first time I got in touch with Japan was in the mid-80s when I did Karate. I learned my first few Japanese words as well as Japanese discipline – and I really liked it.
In my teenager years I rediscovered Japan. My interests in Japan have totally changed since I moved to Japan, though. You can read more about it here: Why are you interested in Japan?
How did you make it to Japan?
A lot of people seem to be interested in how I made it to Japan and how I found a job.
At first I planned to only stay a year. I came to Japan using the “Working Holiday Visa“.
And now, many years later I’m still here, no idea what happened to my original plan! *g*
You can read about the whole story in the blog post “How I made it to Japan“.
If you are interested in moving to Japan, but aren’t sure what to expect or where to start, then I highly recommend reading “Dreaming of a Life in Japan: The reality“.
What is this blog all about?
Himono Onna – The Dried Fish Woman – on GaijinPot (July 27th 2012)
Himono Onna – The Dried Fish Woman – on Japan Today (July 29th 2012)
“Katzenkult in Japan” (Cat Cult in Japan published in Cats Today (Winter 2014 issue):
GPod 6: Favorite Apps For Living In Japan on GaijinPot (December 15th 2013) – (talking about my blog as it was chosen as the website of the week)
- “Teaching and English education in Japan“ (in German) – by Lehrzeit (November 29th 2012)
- “From Germany to Japan” – by BlogExpat.com (December 3rd 2012)
- “Blogging in the land of the rising sun” (in German) – by BlogProjekt.de (May 7th 2013)
- “Gaijin – A Word and its Connotations” – by Tofugu (May 29th 2013)
- “Interview with Jasmine from Zooming Japan” – by Japanese LinguaLift (November 2013)
- “InterNations Featured Blog: Zooming Japan” – by InterNations.Org (January 2014)
- “Japanese Castles Passion” – by Chateaux du Japon (March 2014)
- “Mein Japan: 7 Reiseblogger verraten ihre Highlights” (in German) – by Weltreiseforum (July 2014)
More reviews can be found here:
Feel free to leave a review as well!
You can find me in many social networks. Feel free to contact me!