Yumebutai – Awaji Island (Photo #1)
Today I want to introduce “Yumebutai” to you. A place that offers beautiful landscapes and flowers!
Yumebutai (夢舞台) literally means “dream stage” consists of a conference center, a hotel, a memorial (of the 1995 Great Hanshin Earthquake) and some pretty awesome gardens! It can be easily accessed (more information here). If you’re in Akashi or Kobe, taking a bus from nearby Maiko Sta. is your best bet!
FAVORITE PHOTO #1: Awaji Island, Yumebutai (*click to enlarge)
I visited Yumebutai in October (2011), so there were a lot of cosmoses which you can also see in the photo. Yumebutai really deserves its name. I felt like I was in a dream world indeed!
Awaji Island (Awaji-shima, 淡路島) where Yumebutai is located is a small island in Hyogo Prefecture. It can easily be reached from Kobe!
The “Akashi Kaikyo Bridge” connects the island to Honshu. The cool thing about the island is that it’s between Honshu and Shikoku. If you pass through the island you’ll hit Naruto City in Tokushima Prefecture which is on Shikoku! I plan to drive from Honshu to Shikoku passing through Awaji one day.
Have you ever been to Yumebutai or Awaji Island?
Or, would you like to visit?
Thanks for reading!
Enjoyed this post?
11 Comments Add your comment
Events in Oct/Nov 2016:
- Oct 11-13: Ikegami Honmonji O-Eshiki (Tokyo)
- Oct 14-15: Nada Kenka Matsuri (Himeji)
- Oct 16-17: Nikko Toshogu Shrine Shuki Taisai
- Oct 22: Jidai Matsuri (Kyoto)
- Oct 22: Kurama no Hi Matsuri (Kyoto)
- Nov 1-10: Gion Odori (Kyoto)
- Nov 2-4: Karatsu Kunchi Festival
- Nov 3: Hakone Daimyo Gyoretsu
- Nov 3: Betchya Festival (Onomichi)
- Nov 15: Shichigosan (7-5-3-Day)
- Nov 26: Hadakambo Festival (Hofu)