Yumebutai – Awaji Island (Photo #1)
Today I want to introduce “Yumebutai” to you. A place that offers beautiful landscapes and flowers!
Yumebutai (夢舞台) literally means “dream stage” consists of a conference center, a hotel, a memorial (of the 1995 Great Hanshin Earthquake) and some pretty awesome gardens! It can be easily accessed (more information here). If you’re in Akashi or Kobe, taking a bus from nearby Maiko Sta. is your best bet!
FAVORITE PHOTO #1: Awaji Island, Yumebutai (*click to enlarge)
I visited Yumebutai in October (2011), so there were a lot of cosmoses which you can also see in the photo. Yumebutai really deserves its name. I felt like I was in a dream world indeed!
Awaji Island (Awaji-shima, 淡路島) where Yumebutai is located is a small island in Hyogo Prefecture. It can easily be reached from Kobe!
The “Akashi Kaikyo Bridge” connects the island to Honshu. The cool thing about the island is that it’s between Honshu and Shikoku. If you pass through the island you’ll hit Naruto City in Tokushima Prefecture which is on Shikoku! I plan to drive from Honshu to Shikoku passing through Awaji one day.
Have you ever been to Yumebutai or Awaji Island?
Or, would you like to visit?
Thanks for reading!
Enjoyed this post?
11 Comments Add your comment
Events in July:
- July 1: Mt. Fuji Climbing season starts
- July 1-15: Hakata Gion Matsuri
- July 1-31: Gion Matsuri (Kyoto)
- July 12-13: Danjiri Festival (Osaka)
- July 12-26: Sumo Tournament (Nagoya)
- July 14: Nachi-no-Hi Matsuri (Wakayama)
- July 20-27: Yamaguchi Gion Matsuri
- July 22-24: Warei Taisai + Uwajima Ushi-Oni (Ehime)
- July 24-25: Tenjin Matsuri (Osaka)
- July 25: Sumida River Fireworks (Tokyo)